Saturday, January 18, 2014

Model Spotlight - Lexi Weege



Today's model spotlight proudly shines on Wings of Angels Model, Lexi Weege, who was one of our Rosie the Riveter models. Lexi was born on September 3rd in Western Massachusetts and has lived there her entire life and her favorite color is red! Now on to the questions some of our readers have posted for her to answer:

1. How much did you know about Rosie the Riveter before you did the Wings of Angels Shoot?

Actually it's pretty interesting! I was actually Rosie in a middle school play, so I had some background on her before I got my photo shoot with Mike!

2. What made you decide to sing blues and jazz instead of the other genres of music?

Oh that was pretty easy, I would have to say they are the truest form of music for me. If I had to start anywhere I wanted to start at the beginning with jazz and blues!



3. What is your favorite photo that Michael has taken of you?

I love them all. I don't really have a favorite. Mike is just brilliant!

4. Who is your role model and why?

My mom. She is very strong and independent woman!



5. What has been your biggest success in your life?

When I release my album on vinyl. It was having my greatest dream realized. It was 2 years in the making and something I have always wanted to do ever since I was a kid. 

6. What has been your great challenge in your life so far?

Funding my own album. I don't thing most people realize how expensive it is for a vinyl album. I've had to work two jobs just to see this come true for me.

7. What was it like working with Michael on the Wings of Angels Project?

Michael is very easy going. He was one of the first bigger jobs that I got to do. He gave very good direction and not only that he assigned me a good character that was key in representing women in history. There is a lot of power behind Rosie!



8. Who is your greatest musical inspiration?

I have a lot actually. Billie Holiday, of course; Bob Dylan for his song writing ability. He's an amazing writer and people everywhere have heard his music. He is still writing music. Bessie Smith, Lead Belly and Robert Johnson.

9. What is one misconception people have about you?

WOW! That is a really good question. I'd have to say I'm a throw it on the table kind of girl. Very honest!



10. If you could live in any period of history, which one would you pick and why?

Another great questions. I'd have to say 1930's for the beginning of the jazz period along with the 60's in New York experiencing the village and the art that was occurring at the time. 

I want to thank Lexi for taking the time to answer your questions today as we leave you with a little bit of Lexi you may not know in her first music video Cinnamon Sugar.





You can also find Lexi Weege on Facebook to stay up to date with all her latest projects.

To purchase Lexi's debut CD Virgin, you can click here. 

Photo Credits: Michael Malak, Malak Photography.com, My Baby Jo, Secrets in Lace Lingerie, LTW Custom Cosmetics, Christina Marie (Hair and Make Up), Yanks Air Museum Chino and Ellie Shoes



2 comments: